Hi,

Am Freitag, den 26.10.2007, 11:39 +0200 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> The proposed SlingScriptResolver is currenly only able to resolve a
> script based on the current sling request.
>
> I think it makes sense to be able to resolve a script based on a path.
> A possible use case for this is to invoke some helper scripts during
> request processing, for example if I want to call some javascript script
> to do some funky stuff from within my java based component etc.
>
> I have no good idea how the method signature should look like? If it
> should take a path or a Resource?

I thought about this, too, and in fact temporarily had a signature
taking a path, which would probably have been the exact script path.
This would probably make sense.

In addition, I could imagine, that theoretically, other signatures like
taking a Resource and/or RequestPathInfo would be interesting - but I
have no clue where to stop adding signatues :-)

That is why, I actually dropped the method with the path signature and
just left the one taking the request object.