Hi Lars,

On 10/30/07, Lars Trieloff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...Thinking of XSLT, this is similar to <xsl:apply-templates />...

hehe, you obviously found the right analogy to get my attention ;-)

> ...My proposal would be to add
>
> Sling.handle()
> Sling.handle(type)
> Sling.handle(type, selector)..

As Felix indicates, we have designed something like this in the API
(although it's not yet implemented in microsling) with the
RequestDispatcherOptions class, which is just a Map of options.

This allows you to render either the current Resource, or another one,
and override its resource type, selectors or suffix.

Would this provide what you need?

One thing that's different from your proposal is that to render using
the "mix:versionable" aspect, for example, you'd currently need to
specify the full path of the mix:versionable script or servlet, like
/sling/scripts/NODETYPES/mix/versionable. We might want to think of a
better way of doing that, maybe specifying "nodetypes:mix:versionable"
as the forced resource type.

> ...Open questions for me are following:
> ...- do we want to add something like Sling.skip() that will skip the
> execution of a script and Sling.skipIfNext() that skips the execution
> if and only if there is another script in the execution chain that
> does not skip....

Not sure what you mean, what's your use case or XSLT equivalent?

-Bertrand