On Nov 27, 2007 11:18 AM, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Currently we have a patched Jasper 5.5 source tree in our SVN tree ...

> ...   - Cannot easily upgrade to more recent Jasper versions...

That's the killer IMO, the purpose of Sling is not to maintain a JSP
compiler, so I'm all for using a standard version, and forget about
having classes in the repository, at least for now.

We can always try to restart the discussions with the tomcat people
(now that we had breakfast with one of them at ApacheCon ;-) if we
need tighter integration with the repository at a later point.

-Bertrand