I'm wondering if it would make sense to change the default setting for the sling plugin regarding the installation of the bundle into a running sling application.

Currently the default is to install it, if the plugin is added to the build. The url of the running sling app is also preconfigured.

Now, this means that as soon as you add the plugin and build your project it gets installed in a running app which might or might not what you want :)

During development it's very handy to get the bundle installed, but of course for other things like assembling releases etc. you don't want it.

I would like to change the configuration to:
a) Leave the skip flag as is but remove the default value for the sling.url
b) Only install if the sling.url is set
c) if the sling.url is set, the skip flag can be used to prevent installing the bundle.

Does this make sense? I really would like to pre-configure the sling plugin but I don't want an automatic install. The other option I see is just to change the default value of the skip flag.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]