Hi guys,

I have been trying to access the JCR session from my .esp script
to create content for an import script that needs to create many
nodes in the repository.

I think my initial thought was to get access to the session from
the node on the resource via the .getSession() method on Node, but
since the actual node was hidden by ScriptableNode I didn't find a quick
way to do that.

Then I thought that we might even want to expose the session in a more
direct way. With my "JCR framework"-hat on I would obviously expect
something on a per request basis that let's me access the jcr session
that is associated with a specific request, given the authentication
information etc. on the http requests.

Maybe we should also get the JCR session from the resource though,
which I think would fit the current (more abstract) design of Sling better.

Is there a current solution that I missed?
What would be a possible future way of doing that?

regards,
david