Felix Meschberger wrote:
Hi,

Am Montag, den 21.01.2008, 10:27 +0100 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
On Jan 21, 2008 10:15 AM, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

...Having this in mind, retrieving the session from the Resource is not
appropriate. For this reason, the Session is available from the
ResourceResolver's adaptTo method. ...
So (as Carsten also suggests), we could ask the ResourceResolver(s) to
provide additional variables that are to be bound for scripts, right?
By adapting it to a BindingProvider interface or something.

Right now, the only concrete use-case that I see is providing the JCR
Session, but it seems like the mechanism could help in providing a
richer scripting environment.

Sure, still this would all just be convenience :-)

Yepp :)

Rethinking this, I'm not sure anymore if we really need an automatic mechanism or direct support for this.

For jsp we could hard-code this in the sling taglib for the defineObjects tag and we could do similar for esp. This has the minor disadvantage that this has to be done for each scripting implementation independently.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]