Am Montag, den 18.02.2008, 09:54 +0100 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> On Feb 14, 2008 12:03 PM, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > ...To be able to cleanup the ThreadLocals a new release(ResourceResolver)
> > is defined, which is required to be called for all ResourceResolver
> > instances retrieved through getResourceResolver(Session)....
>
> Could this cleanup phase be integrated in the Sling core, for example
> at the end of request processing in the SlingMainServlet?
>
> I could imagine objects such as this ResourceResolverProvider
> registering cleanup methods when objects that need cleanup are
> created, to make it impossible to forget to clean them up.

I think this is self-explanatory: If we say, the one causing the
ResourceResolver to be created, must also release it. So if the Sling
Main Servlet causes the creation (by calling
JcrResourceResolverFactory.getResourceResolver(Session)) it will also
release the ResourceResolver by calling
JcrResourceResolverFactory.release(ResourceResolver) at the end of the
request.