On Feb 18, 2008 10:20 AM, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 18.02.2008, 09:54 +0100 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
>
> >... Could this cleanup phase be integrated in the Sling core, for example
> > at the end of request processing in the SlingMainServlet?...
> >
> ...I think this is self-explanatory: If we say, the one causing the
> ResourceResolver to be created, must also release it....

I'm talking about *automatic* cleanup of such objects at the end of a
request, scenario:

1. Object A calls a method M of class C, that creates something that
must be cleaned up (ThreadLocal variable for example)

2. Before returning, Method M registers itself to be called for
cleanup at the end of request processing

3. Object A doesn't have to care about cleanup, it will happen automatically.

This is much more foolproof than requiring A to call cleanup
explicitely, hence my suggestion to implement a general (request-scope
for now) cleanup mechanism.

-Bertrand