On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  >  Am Montag, den 31.03.2008, 14:52 +0200 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
>  >  >
>  >  > ...The easiest seems to be for your filter to be declared in web.xml....
>
>  >...  This is certainly a possibility, but I would not go this route as it
>
> >  leaves Sling and makes it impossible to be used in the standalone
>  >  launchpad/app case... In addition it is impossible to manage, ie
>  >  configure and updated the filter....
>
>  Agreed - I was suggesting a "here and now" solution, but I agree that
>  it is not really integrated with Sling.

OK - how about introducing a new filter.scope - e.g. "prerequest", and
alter SlingMainServlet so that it invokes "prerequest" filters before
passing the request to the ResourceResolver?

>  As I said before, though, I'm not too enthusiastic about SLING-249, as
>  httpd's mod_proxy handles that very nicely. I wouldn't add complexity
>  to Sling to handle that, unless that complexity is cleanly isolated in
>  a component like a filter.

Errr, I'm not too enthusiastic about mod_proxy :)
As mod_proxy would have to live outside Sling, it would not be able to
intercept sling.include requests.
So that a request from a browser to http://www.domain.com/path would
yield a different result than sling.include("/path"). In a perfect
world (tm), the host information would still be available for handling
the sling.include request.

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway