[snip]

> > Anyway, let me know what you think.  Any additions that would be
> > necessary for a first release, read-only jcr browser would be
> > appreciated.  Hopefully seeing this will motivate someone
> to work with
> > me to get my changes into SVN ;-)
>
> I from my side, would be glad to work with you on bringing
> this to Sling ! I am sure, this would be a good thing for
> Sling to have.

Great!  Let me polish the changes and I'll submit a patch.

> >  I can provide patches, however, I
> > don't think I've done my best to design them into the sling
> code base
> > properly, so I'm going to work on that next.
>
> If you don't mind doing patches, those would be very welcome.
> We can then integrate them and even find points where we have
> to polish things...
>
> Just make sure, that you check the appropriate checkbox when
> uploading the patch to JIRA allowing us to use the code. And
> I think, having the CLA [1] on file would also be good.

Yeah, I've never filed a CLA, I'll get that done ASAP.  For now, the
changes to the current sling code are so minor that I think just hitting
the apache license checkbox should be fine, but I'll file a CLA anyway.

> > Oh, one last thing, it says "JCR Explorer" everywhere, but I'm
> > thinking of going with "JCR Browser" instead.  Comments on a name?
>
> I think this depends which side of the fence you are coming
> from ;-) I think in the world of Windows the term "Explorer"
> for such a thing is well known, thus JCR Explorer might be
> appropriate. The only caveat I have is, that there are (and
> will be) other "JCR Explorers", so we might name the one from
> Sling as the "Sling JCR Explorer", not sure, thoug and YMMV.

Ok, I'm fine with "Sling JCR Explorer", that's already mostly done ;-)
I guess I was just concerned that there is already a JCR Explorer, but
if you guys are happy, I don't personally have any strong preferences.

> Regards
> Felix

Cheers,
Craig