Hi,

Torgeir Veimo schrieb:

On 12 Aug 2008, at 21:43, Felix Meschberger wrote:

Hi,

Torgeir Veimo schrieb:
On 12 Aug 2008, at 21:19, Felix Meschberger wrote:

Ah ! That is the point. The FsResourceProvider is a component factory. The configuration you are showing is not one which causes FsResourceProvider to activate. If you are using the old (I think this is default) 1.0 release of the Felix Web Console, you should select the FsResourceProvider configuration and click on "Create" to create a new configuration instance.
I am trying, but nothing is happening..
Alternatively, you may update to the latest Web Console plugin snapshot, select the FsResourceProvider configuration factory from the lower selection list and create a new instance to configure.
I use sling trunk current. How do I update to the latest web console plugin snapshop most easily?

I would say download it from [1] and use the console to install it from the bundles page.

Ah! That fixed it. Now I get

Index of /test
Name Last modified Size Description

config/                            Tue Aug 12 19:57:06 EST 2008   -
felix/                             Tue Aug 12 20:00:08 EST 2008   -
jackrabbit/                        Tue Aug 12 21:55:47 EST 2008   -
logs/                              Tue Aug 12 19:57:05 EST 2008   -
sling.properties                   Tue Aug 12 21:36:26 EST 2008   4660
when fetching localhost:8080/sling/test/

Happy to hear this.

Is there any way to configure it to map to the actual webapp, or do I have to create my own resource provider using something like servletContext.getResource() ?

Do you mean reading the contents of the web application context into which sling is deployed ?

If you know, where your container unpacked the Sling Web App, you may probably set the provider.file property to that location. But this is probably not stable (YMMV).

In this case something like a WebAppResourceProvider would probably be more appropriate. Such a provider would access resources from the ServletContext, I assume.

Also, when will this new console make it to sling trunk?

I cannot say anything about timing right now. But I will probably create a new release of the console in some weeks from now. Then the new release will be referenced.

Alternatively you get the current snapshot into the Sling Web app by setting the version number for the web console dependency to 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT in the launchpad/app/pom.xml file.

Thank you for your time!

You are welcome.