On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm wondering what we really want to achieve here and if it is worth the
> effort?
> For production systems this is imho more a non-issue, as you usually
> don't update directly a productive machine.
>
> For development you know that you updated a bundle and shouldn't send
> new requests during the update. Now, the problem is perhaps, that in
> some cases the update itself takes longer. This could be because of
> inefficient bundling, too many references etc.

Yes, as I've written in my PS, another solution would be a good
indicator of when the bundle update is done. In my case I use the
sling:install maven plugin goal, which does not wait for the bundle
update to be finished. So I can either look at the sling log and try
to separate normal messages from bundle install/start entries or look
at the cpu usage of my computer and wait for it to drop again. Both
are rather "fuzzy" ;-)

No, what about letting the sling-install http request wait until the
update is finished? Or an improved felix web console that shows
current installs separately and updates in real-time (via ajax)?

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek