Hi,

Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Tobias Bocanegra
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> how about stalling requests until the update is complete ?

This does probably not really work. Let me explain:

* What do you do if the update fails ? You cannot keep the
   system non-responsive/stalled, right ?
* There is no event saying: I am now stopping the service for
   update. In fact the events are: service unregistered,
   bundle stopping, bundle stopped, bundle updated,
   bundle starting, bundle starting, service registered.

> That would also make startup time when a number of bundles are just
> being loaded much more predictable. Currently you just need to wait a
> while until all bundles are in place, otherwise you get various
> different failures when you try to access your application.

This may be a solution for startup, where you might say: Only be ready
if everything went smoothly. But you do not want to "turn off" the
system just because of a single bundle update, which (taking the service
out of order for a couple of milliseconds) may cause troubles one in a
million of times....