Hi Juanjo,

Juanjo Vázquez schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi Juanjo,

>>> Felix, this implementation would allow to have an only one security
>>> management for the whole virtual resources tree, really?. I understand
>> this
>>> is not possible until now.
>> Ehrm, no, this is not intended. The goal is to allow ResourceProviders
>> to protect their resources by authenticating the access.
>>
>> Today, we authenticate against a single JCR ResourceProvider while all
>> other resource providers (servlets, bundles, filesystem) do not
>> authenticate at all.
>>
>> With the new ResourceProviderFactory and ResourceResolverFactory,
>> authenticating ResourceProviders may be implemented.
>>
>> Enforcement of access control will remain an implementation detail of
>> the actual ResourceProvider.
>>

> Ok, I see. Furthermore, IMHO an eventual single sign-on stuff should remain
> out of the Sling scope. Anyway, +1 for your ResourceResolverFactory
> proposal.

Yes, exactly.

The thing is: The Authenticator using AuthenticationHandler services to
extract the credentials from the request and uses these exact
credentials to get the ResourceResolver from the ResourceResolverFactory.

So the the single sign-on stuff will be outside of Sling itself
encapsulated in (a) an AuthenticationHandler and (b) credential
processing in the ResourceProviderFactory (e.g. a LoginModule for
Jackrabbit).