been working in a minimal sample [2] concerning about resolution of
pipelines and Apache Sling. IMHO, having pipeline support in Sling is
an important feature in terms of separation of concerns.

On the other hand, because it´s important not reinventing the wheel,
IMHO we should take advantage of Cocoon community efforts somehow or
other.

Right now, the Cocoon team is working in a new and refactored
framework´s release named Cocoon 3. AFAIK, this release is intended to
be a more minimal version of Cocoon 2.2 and IMHO more suitable to be
integrated into Sling. For the time being (alpha-1), Cocoon artifacts
are not released as OSGi bundles.

The stuff [2] is just a proof of concept using Cocoon 3 pipelines
inside Sling but with the current state of art, that is, without
changes in Sling core.

Nevertheless, IMHO Sling should have a more natural pipeline support
with Cocoon pipeline definitions as Sling scripts. Until now, dynamic
resources have been rendered with two kinds of animals: servlets and
scripts. What about having pipelines as a new kind of animal?.

Comments and ideas are welcome.

BR,

Juanjo.

[1]