Hi,

Juan José Vázquez Delgado wrote:
> Hi,

> been working in a minimal sample [2] concerning about resolution of
> pipelines and Apache Sling. IMHO, having pipeline support in Sling is
> an important feature in terms of separation of concerns.
Yes, definitly and thanks for sharing your code! I wasn't able to look
at it yet :(

> On the other hand, because it´s important not reinventing the wheel,
> IMHO we should take advantage of Cocoon community efforts somehow or
> other.
Definitly.

> Right now, the Cocoon team is working in a new and refactored
> framework´s release named Cocoon 3. AFAIK, this release is intended to
> be a more minimal version of Cocoon 2.2 and IMHO more suitable to be
> integrated into Sling. For the time being (alpha-1), Cocoon artifacts
> are not released as OSGi bundles.
Yes, not yet - and with the current package layout in C3 it wouldn't
work. But I'll take care that we will have proper bundles in the end.
Hopefully alpha-3 will have OSGi bundles.

> The stuff [2] is just a proof of concept using Cocoon 3 pipelines
> inside Sling but with the current state of art, that is, without
> changes in Sling core.
>
> Nevertheless, IMHO Sling should have a more natural pipeline support
> with Cocoon pipeline definitions as Sling scripts. Until now, dynamic
> resources have been rendered with two kinds of animals: servlets and
> scripts. What about having pipelines as a new kind of animal?.
There are two possibilities:

Either make a pipeline a script, or let a script (jsp, groovy etc.)
generate xml and use a pipeline for postprocessing.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziege...@apache.org