Hi Felix,

> Yes. I think there are multiple options for the input
>
>  * apply standard Sling processing as in
>           RequestDispatcher.include(resource, resourceTypeOverWrite)

I´m not sure what you mean with this case. I understand, the pipeline
source would be the XML expressed result of resolving another Sling
resource. Right?. We´d have something like this:

RequestDispatcher dispatcher =
request.getRequestDispatcher(generatorResourceAbsPath);
dispatcher.include(request, response);

>  * take the "contents" as in Resource.adaptTo(InputStream)
>  * take the XML-Export (docview probably)

These other cases would act over the current resolved resource, right?.

In the other hand, I´m thinking about implementing a partial (or
total) support for XProc [1] and using cocoon-pipeline [2] behind the
scenes. WDYT?

BR,

Juanjo.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/