Thanks Felix, this did indeed fix my problem which was related to
combining sling launchpad capabilities within a webapp that also uses
spring to provide webapp functionality (web mvc and security) I'm in the
process of exploring ways to integrate spring, sling and possibly
spring-dm that fits the needs of the development group I'm working
with.

Any chance that the sling project will being using the apache snapshot
repository?

Thanks again!

-- Langley