Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How about this: I created SLING-972 [1] as a standing task issue for the
> next collection release. Whenever a bundle is modified, the
> launchpad/bundles module should be checked whether the reference to the
> latest snapshot is already contained and under the label of SLING-972
> update the reference if required.

Hmm, not sure :) Updating the launchpad/bundles pom to a snapshot means that
this bundle will be released for the next Sling release. But I guess
there are cases where one wants to work for a longer time on a bundle
and once this is finished it should be in the release, but not during
the development. Therefore I think all automatisms fail here; whenever
someone thinks that a new bundle is ready for release/inclusing in the
release, update the dependency in the launchpad/bundles.

So, +1 for SLING-972 with the exception that there are cases where the
reference is not updated immediately when a bundle is changed.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziege...@apache.org