Hi Indigo, ===Xorg=== I believe you are missing one of the dependency: mesa/mesa-intel-*/linux-drm/linux-agp. Xorg should detect everything automatically and you should not be reuired to edit xorg.conf manually.
If xorg works with vesa and crashes with intel and you have an intel driver, it should indicate a missing dependency. "lsmod" should help. Also check "LOAD_MODULES" in rcS.conf. I think your problem should not be related to udev. Also make sure your user is in "Video" group. ===Udev=== Second, we have purposely moved udev above mounting. We don't need to push it back. Udevadm trigger will autodetect when things are started. So, even though you see udev status message as failed, udev actually is working correctly. The boot status message is misleading. Maybe we should just suppress "status" check in rcS. Hotplugging and coldplugging both works correctly as far as I have tested. What is the exact problem with udev you had? Maybe we can help you out in resolving it. Thanks Rohit On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Indigo <[email protected]>wrote: > After much too long spent figuring out what was happening, it turns > out that the fix for the udev fail on boot in an installed system is > simply to edit /etc/init.d/rcS and start udev right after the > filesystem is remounted read-write. There is no need for devtmpfs > (which caused other problems)... but unfortunately, fixing udev has > not fixed xorg - for me, at any rate. > > I am not sure, at this point, if the problem is in > /etc/init.d/hwconf.sh, or possibly tazx... I am still stuck with > 800x600 resolution using the vesa driver, as I'm running slitaz in > virtualbox and have not installed guest additions (I've read the forum > posts) - so, even when I run tazx and install the intel driver, xorg > config says vesa, and changing this to intel just causes it to crash. > According to the xorg log, the larger resolutions are available, and > the hardware is getting recognized - even vga=791 works until slim > takes over - but the xorg.conf.d folder still has only generic, > default values. Also, uncommenting the xserver_args line in slim.conf > causes it to crash. Is this just a limitation to the vesa driver? I > have found that 'Xorg -config :1' creates the /root/xorg.conf.new file > that's then used to populate /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d -- but I don't see > how the specifics are supposed to be filled in. The log seems to show > that xorg is aware of the capabilities of my display, but the > configuration files don't reflect this... > > Any help with this, even links would be appreciated. I could edit the > files manually, but I'd like to see this working the way it's supposed > to... > > --- > SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ > >

