Thomas -- I think you have tripped across a new bug. The last time I used leafpad to edit a file, I also got strange characters for the first few. No doubt the fix is simple, but I don't know what's causing the problem... yet.
Paul -- We have been discussing the /etc/group problem on IRC. What's happening is that slitaz-base-files has only a few entries, all the ones below 1000, except for haldaemon and messagebus which are created correctly. Then, the post_install section of the udev receipt scans the /etc/udev/rules.d folder and adds and GROUP entries it might need... but it starts at 1000 and counts up. This has been an issue with both the sakura problem (that regular users can't get a prompt) and the tazx problem (that tux becomes GID 1008, instead of 1000) -- both have been fixed, at least temporarily, but something does still need to be done about /etc/group, in general. Still, I don't think this has anything to do with leafpad's strange behavior. On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Paul Issott <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi > > The cdrom entry looks wrong :) > > I think it should be: cdrom:x:24:tux > > Happy Christmas folks! > > Paul > > > > On Sat, 2010-12-25 at 15:41 +0100, Thomas Hinterberger wrote: >> when I was working on xorg on the new cooking from 23.12. I found that >> leafpad does strange things on saving >> >> when I tried to edit /etc/group it looks like this: >> >> ØL °3î¶: >> lp:x:10: >> audio:x:20:tux >> nogroup:x:99: >> www:x:80: >> messagebus:x:25: >> cdrom:x:1000:tux >> dialout:x:1001: >> disk:x:1002: >> floppy:x:1003: >> kmem:x:1004: >> tape:x:1005: >> tty:x:1006: >> video:x:1007:tux >> haldaemon:x:26: >> tux:x:1000: >> >> no errors, when starting leafpad from the terminal >> >> --- >> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ >> >> > > > > > > --- > SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ > > --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

