Hi,
but it is not fixed until now, as long as glxgears is so low and radeon
does not work
It really makes me crazy - I studied one more time the Xorg.0.logs - I
compared it with fluxflux-pre2011 and crunchbang
for intel - the only thing I could find was, that there are modules loaded
for radeon:
in slitaz:
[ 284.405] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
[ 284.405] (II) RADEON(0): Acceleration disabled
in fluxflux instead of this lines:
(II) [drm] DRM interface version 1.3
(II) [drm] DRM open master succeeded.
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Using the DRM lock SAREA also for drawables.
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] framebuffer handle = 0xe0000000
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] added 1 reserved context for kernel
(II) RADEON(0): X context handle = 0x1
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] installed DRM signal handler
~ here is some AGP-Stuff
(II) RADEON(0): [DRI] installation complete
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Added 32 65536 byte vertex/indirect buffers
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Mapped 32 vertex/indirect buffers
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] dma control initialized, using IRQ 11
(II) RADEON(0): [drm] Initialized kernel GART heap manager, 5111808
(WW) RADEON(0): DRI init changed memory map, adjusting ...
(WW) RADEON(0): MC_FB_LOCATION was: 0xe3ffe000 is: 0xe3ffe000
(WW) RADEON(0): MC_AGP_LOCATION was: 0xffffffc0 is: 0xd07fd000
(II) RADEON(0): RADEONRestoreMemMapRegisters() :
(II) RADEON(0): MC_FB_LOCATION : 0xe3ffe000 0xe3ffe000
(II) RADEON(0): MC_AGP_LOCATION : 0xd07fd000
(II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering enabled
I have no more idea to search - fluxflux and crunchbang - who have the
best glxgears-results using both Xorg 1.7.7 - its always hard to
compare, because you do not know, if the error is in SliTaz or in Xorg
Am 28.12.2010 19:32, schrieb GoKhlaYeh:
Hi,
thanks for report and fix.
This problem was fixed using /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-DRI.conf; but it
doesn't seems to works atm - it was when I added it. So, I guess that
90-DRI.conf generation can now be removed from tazx.
On Mon, 27 Dec
2010 19:08:34 +0100 Thomas Hinterberger<[email protected]> wrote:
it was not the end - I checked again and found that I was remembering
only half of mojos post:
the solution is:
50-udev-default.rules
KERNEL=="nvidia*|nvidiactl*", GROUP="video"
after this line add:
KERNEL=="card[0-9]*", NAME="dri/%k", GROUP="video"
it was already posted here:
http://forum.slitaz.org/index.php?p=/discussion/1883
it still remains the low values of glxgears for the inteldriver
t...@slitaz:~$ glxgears
299 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.670 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.821 FPS
should be
mon...@fluxflux: ~ $ glxgears
1985 frames in 5.0 seconds = 396.521 FPS
2053 frames in 5.0 seconds = 410.139 FPS
and the radeon driver still starts with Rasterizer and crashes If I want
to reload X
Am 27.12.2010 13:38, schrieb Thomas Hinterberger:
conclusion of the tests of the last days
tazx works much better than in 3.0, but the problems with direct
rendering are the same - out of the box SliTaz uses always Rasterizer
as mojo pointed out in one post, this it is a problem with
/dev/dri/card0, because when changing the ownership of /dev/dri
recursive to tux, the correct rendering software is used. But this
seem to work only with intel drivers, because the radeon driver
crashes, as soon as I do this ... (at least I could not test more.)
So I decided to see the ownership of /dev/dri/card0 in other distros -
this seems to be ok
t...@slitaz: ~ $ ls -l /dev/dri/card0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 226, 0 2010-12-27 11:39 /dev/dri/card0
PClinuxOS is the same as SliTaz - FluxFlux (Slackware) is a little bit
different
t...@ff-sl: ~ $ ls -l /dev/dri/card0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root video 226, 0 2010-12-27 12:11 /dev/dri/card0
so it must be a problem with group
the significant difference between Slitaz and other distros is, that
in other distros, there is always another user than tux in the group
video - like in PClinuxOS it is mysql - in slackware it is root
Here is really the end of my linux knowledge
Am 26.12.2010 17:49, schrieb GoKhlaYeh:
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 06:46:33 -0800
Indigo<[email protected]> wrote:
---
SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/