> I must also say that in some case I dont write things because of my poor > English.
This is such a chronic problem, especially with those who speak French or Russian, it seems. I can't translate, and unfortunately translation engines are not so good, but I would be happy to help with editing the English (with or without the help of Google Translate). A news section on the site is a good idea, but I don't think it could be easily automated... perhaps just a couple of links to the current state of the walk and the issues tracker on that page. At that, the issues tracker is an issue of it's own. When I first got involved with this project (cooking 2.0), I was upset that I'd filed so many reports and nothing seemed to be done about them. But then, when 3.0 came out, every issue I'd reported had been fixed. Perhaps we can eliminate the status column and just remove the report from the list once it's fixed? That way, it would just be a list of current, open bugs. That being said, I wonder if it's a good idea to generate a new cooking iso once a month so that these fixes can be more readily available to users -- and to keep recent isos available for download (the reason for this is because of problems like we had when we upgraded the kernel). As for the news section, I think it would greatly benefit the project to have a short progress report every week or two covering major changes, current needs, and so on... Overall, the only other reason the project might look dead to newcomers is that much of the information is outdated. Slitaz has evolved a great deal, and with each new announcement of a liveCD we get quite a few distro hoppers and tourists. If the project looks more active, we may draw a lot more help from the community. Oh, but now that I've written all that, I see the new front page of slitaz.org and it looks great! It has the "Latest News" and I've just found the monthly newsletter... perhaps nothing needs to be done, after all. --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

