thx for making the tazpkg - my question was some kind of stupid, because I just can use the cooking cpufrequtils - what I did and it works without any problem - sorry for the extra work, but I am quite afraid with this sorts of programs, because I once killed a AMD X2 with some tests.
There is only one strange thing - the cpu is not scaling, when I load the governor with modprobe I have to set the cpu by hand like: "modprobe cpufreq_ondemand" is not working "cpufreq-set -g ondemand" is working I have no other explanation, than this is caused by kernel config "CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y" I checked some distros and there was not one with performance as default I would recommand, that the kernel config for freq are set like this: $ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -i freq # CPU Frequency scaling CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=y CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE=m # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEBUG is not set CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT=m CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT_DETAILS=y # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE is not set # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_POWERSAVE is not set # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE is not set # CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND is not set CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_CONSERVATIVE=y CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE=m CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=m CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND=m CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE=y # CPUFreq processor drivers CONFIG_X86_PCC_CPUFREQ=m CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ=m CONFIG_X86_CPUFREQ_NFORCE2=m Am Thu, 3 Feb 2011 02:45:55 +0200 schrieb Brenton Edgar Scott <[email protected]>: > On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 23:40:01 +0100 > tom <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > my I ask for cpufrequtils.tazpkg for 3.0 - it is missing - in > > cooking it is present. > > It must not be in the repos - just a tazpkg to download would be > > fine. I would like to write a howto for saving energy and I think > > we should not wait until 4.0 is out > > > > > > --- > > SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ > > > > This is somewhat untested (and a convert and merger of debian's > cpufrequtils and libcpufrequtils) but... > http://www.trixarian.za.net/downloads/cpufrequtils.tazpkg > > Tell me if it works or not. > > --- > SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ > --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

