On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 02:00:52 -0600 Dennis Hodapp <[email protected]> wrote:
> Midori is still nearly 10 times smaller than Seamonky which is around > 30MB :/ Erm Guys - Chrome needs to download about 18MB of stuff before it can install itself properly - Firefox only requires about 7MB. What size both expands to I can only guess. I use a handful of plugins with Firefox to speed it up a bit - namely Fasterfox, Cookie Culler, Noscript, DownloadThemAll, Adblock Plus and Flash Block. Browsing wise, it's pretty fast now. It's just the initial loading of firefox that takes a while unless one is already open, in which case the new windows open near instantly. I have a pretty old system myself - a 950MHz PIII with 256MB of RAM and it runs pretty well. I Like Chrome, but because it doesn't support element hiding (why would they want to hide their own bandwidth wasting google ads?), I tend not to use it at all. Chrome also requires CUPS to be installed by default too. SeaMonkey is also just a combination of both Firefox, Thunderbird and several plugins. Some say using it is better because it uses less space than both Firefox and Thunderbird separately, but I don't know. From what I've seen with Midori is that we're actually using a newer version of libgtkhtml than Ubuntu - maybe this and the lack of the javascripting engine Ubuntu uses with Midori is what's causing Midori to suck so much on SliTaz. --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

