Hi all, SliTaz default browser is a long discussion from the begin of the project. By switching from Firefox to Midori we saved ~5Mb in the core ISO and so we was allways able to provide a wide range of applications. Because the kernel have more and more drivers, Xorg and other new dependencies we cant provide a full core ISO under 30Mb with Firefox.
Midori use webkit, all bugs related to website/javascript is more a webkit issue than Midori itself. Webkit is also the engine for Chrome, Arora and others and I think it is a usable alternative to Mozilla. Webkit and Midori are improved every days and the version in cooking is less buggy than the one in 3.0. I vote to let Midori a chance for 4.0. That said, I was aware of Midori limitation, for that reason I did a 3.0 Firefox flavor at 29Mb, but with only Firefox and the minimal packages needed to run it, no image editor, transmission, etc. Firefox flavor will always be build for 4.0. http://mirror.slitaz.org/iso/3.0/flavors/slitaz-3.0-firefox.iso - Christophe --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

