On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:19:19 +0100 Christophe Lincoln <[email protected]> wrote:
> Ok so let me know wat I need to do on tank to use new tools in the > defaut cooking chroot to rebuill all packages. I will set-up the > enviroment (shoul be Simple... Light...) and then the build bot will do > the job when dev commit in the wok and I dont need to give root access > to anyone on Tank... even Pascal (he is also a dangerous guy :-) Here's how I will do (I will recook whole repository from last experimental packages to minimize risks of failure). Here's how I may do if I had to setup this server. Maybe I can put the code into tazchroot to make it automatic. This code can be used by everybody to setup an experimental cooking environnment from a non-experimental SliTaz system... a possibility I didn't think about :D First, you need to setup an experimental sandbox to have last tools available (tazwok/libtaz/tazpkg). # Temporaly use experimental to install the sandbox. sandbox=/home/sandbox tazpkg setup-mirror http://mirror.slitaz.org/packages/experimental/ tazpkg get-install busybox --root=$sanbox tazpkg get-install libtaz --root=$sandbox tazpkg get-install tazpkg --root=$sandbox tazpkg get-install tazwok --root=$sandbox cp -a /etc/resolv.conf $sandbox/resolv.conf # Switch back to stable repository. tazpkg setup-mirror http://mirror.slitaz.org/packages/stable/ # You probably want to mount /home/slitaz into the chroot mkdir $sandbox/home/slitaz mount /home/slitaz $sandbox/home/slitaz # Enter in the sandbox. chroot $sandbox # All the following commands should be run into the sandbox. # By default MAKEFLAGS is set to number of cpu +1, but on a server providing other services than cook it's better to use number of cpu. (important) sed '/^MAKEFLAGS/ s/+1//' -i /etc/slitaz/tazwok.conf # Create the cooking chroot and cook the last version of tools (important) tazpkg recharge tazwok chroot # Now you are in the cooking environnment (order is important) tazwok cook libtaz tazwok cook tazwok-experimental tazwok cook tazpkg tazwok cook tazchroot exit # Make tazpkg use the local repository. tazpkg setup-mirror /home/slitaz/experimental/packages tazpkg add-undigest experimental-incoming /home/slitaz/experimental/packages-incoming # The packages you just cook are into packages-incoming, # we need them so temporaly prioritize packages-incoming repository. echo experimental-incoming > /var/lib/tazpkg/priority # Install the new version of tools. (libtaz first is important) tazpkg get-install libtaz tazpkg get-install tazpkg tazpkg get-install tazwok-experimental tazpkg get-install tazchroot # Remove the priority on experimental-incoming rm /var/lib/tazpkg/priority # The sandbox is setted up :) After: Do you have the backup of experimental repository ? Do you want to recook all from scratch immediatly or no ? I ask this because it's possible to re-create the experimental repository using only the package (it contains all the necessary stuff to regenerate lists and determine precisely from which changes has been commited since last cook etc...) Also, do you have the backup of .tar.lzma sources ? (usefull in all cases - some WGET_URL doesn't works anymore) Do you have the backup of cook logs generated during previous cooks ? (usefull if you get back the previous repository) -- GoKhlaYeh <[email protected]> --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

