Hi all, So it's saterday morning for me and 4.0 was planned this week-end but slitaz is not ready. I feel a bit alone on that and can't do everything alone if you want a 4.0 before the summer. You will say but chris you must split tasks and give us a clear roadmap, I tried, but... I guess people are like me and prefere coding than writting documentation and news.
I have done a huge work on the website and it is ready for 4.0, one file to modify and the new string will be used on all pages. On the news side I have to write a blog post about: DuckDuckGo partner ship, SliTaz pro, call for sponsor. When we did RC1 I collaborate with Erjo to build the official iso and say it was not perfect since I did all the iso these last 6 years and they was any official and standard way to build them. And truth than making and testing iso alone on my side take too much time. So here is cookiso, a new tool who integrate well with cook, build automatically rolling iso and let us create a new cooking or stable in one command. http://cook.slitaz.org/cookiso.cgi Finaly we are quiet ready for 4.0 a part the missing documentation. On the Xorg issue side, we tried so many things to fix that I belive the only way to go forward is to use latest or new version. But we are not going to update kernel, Xorg, glibc now... I guess we have to add a "Know bug" section in the release notes. Any suggestion or opposition to publish 4.0 as it ? Or do we delay 4.0 again ? So.. I'm going to finish the relnotes, update slitaz-doc, write blog post to show we alive and moving. I also rewrite pizza since it is ugly and unmaitained but a realy nice service than I would like to have for 4.0. If I get help on the documentation and news side I may be able to push new pizza to public. Any one to write something about our new parner ship with DuckDuckGo ? Regards, - Christophe -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

