Yes I tried "slitaz vga=791" as well as "slitaz screen=1024x768" (without the
'"') on the kernel cmdline. It was as if Xorg simply ignored what I had
entered. Is there a way to change Xorg's default resolution from 800x600 to
1024x768?
--- On Fri, 5/4/12, Martin Svensson <[email protected]> wrote:
From: Martin Svensson <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: making screen 1024x768
To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, May 4, 2012, 9:38 AM
try vga=791 ?
2012/5/3 Terry Maiden <[email protected]>
This did not work. Do you know any other codes I might try?
--- On Wed, 5/2/12, mojo <[email protected]> wrote:
> From: mojo <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: making screen 1024x768
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 10:30 AM
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Terry
> Maiden <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > I was thinking that maybe I could boot 4.0 to the
> command prompt, edit /etc/X11/org.conf with some kind of
> instructions to use 1024x768 as the default instead of
> 800x600 and then do a STARTX command. Question is what do
> I want to put into org.conf to do this. As far as I can
> see I am defaulting to "vesa" (like this other gentleman)
> which seems to work OK for me except it always selects
> 800x600 and I want 1024x768.
>
> Add screen=1024x768 as kernel cmdline argument in boot
> loader.
> Modes "1024x768" are written to
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-Screen.conf by
> /etc/init.d/system.sh
> - mojo
>
> --
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
>
>
--
SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
--
Join me in the great game RIFT, down is a link for a free trial! :D
http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/ascend-a-friend/invite.php?voucher=WYY637NKNY2MGXNKFX9L&utm_source=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite
--
SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/