Hi Tom,

as per the response of my earlier mail in the other thread, I have prepared
the build system in slitaz 4 but when I download the kernel sources using
script, it downloads for 2.6 kernel and not for 3.2. I understand that is
because of the slitaz 4's kernel is 2.6. Also I tried to install rolling
version but did not have enough success. I am ending up in single mode
shell. Is there a way to work on this issue using slitaz 4?


On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Arun Prakash Jana
<[email protected]>wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm stuck at creating the setup using the rolling version. First I faced
> the following -
> http://forum.slitaz.org/topic/problem-installing-slitaz-rolling-version
>
> Tried the manual installation -
> http://doc.slitaz.org/en:handbook:installation
>
> and got stuck at what I would describe as single mode boot. My settings
> and entries in for grub are correct but the rootfs is not loaded from the
> disk.
>
> Can someone help me boot the rolling version?
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Arun
>
> http://oldpapyrus.wordpress.com/
>
>
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM, tom <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Arun,
>>
>> can you please see the kernel thread....
>>
>> http://forum.slitaz.org/topic/kernel-config-discussion
>>
>> for older PCs with IDE drives it is the main blocker
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> Am Sat, 13 Jul 2013 12:53:20 +0530
>> schrieb Arun Prakash Jana <[email protected]>:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I started the following thread a month back regarding Slitaz 5.0:
>> > http://forum.slitaz.org/topic/release-date-for-slitaz-50
>> >
>> > I have got some time now and would like to contribute to the release
>> > of version 5.0.
>> > Can someone please list down the current blockers for version 5.0
>> > release?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Arun
>> >
>> > http://oldpapyrus.wordpress.com/
>>
>>
>> --
>> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
>>
>>
>


-- 
Thanks
Kapil K. Jain
http://jainkkapil.wordpress.com

Reply via email to