Hi Tom,
I compiled the 3.2.40 using the config file from
http://forum.slitaz.org/topic/kernel-config-discussion/page/2?bb_attachments=25870&bbat=1152and
it compiled fine. To compile for 3.2.48, are the scripts checked in in
wok or do i need to make the changes in scripts like in
http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/rev/416fab3c90c0 . I am still trying to figure out
the ways with mercurial commands


On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM, tom <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Hi Arun and Kapil,
>
> As Kernel 3.2. is a Longterm Kernel, in my oppinion for the stability
> of wok its better to stay with it - so we are at the moment on 3.2.48,
> so when you try a new kernel, try it with this one.
>
>
> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linux-Kernel-3-2-48-LTS-Officially-Released-with-UEFI-Anti-bricking-Code-364558.shtml
>
> When I compiled in spring, linux compiled well, but I did not get all
> the other linux packages linke linux-wireless, linux-agp, linux-dialup
>
> if you they compile on your system, it would be cool to put them online,
> so I can do an iso and test with my ide devices...
>
> Thomas
>
> Am Wed, 17 Jul 2013 11:27:42 +0530
> schrieb kapil jain <[email protected]>:
>
> > I have had the similar results as Arun.
> >
> > I second the thought of newer version of kernel if we are anyway
> > doing a kernel update from 2.6 to 3.2, why not make it  a higher
> > version.
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Arun Prakash Jana
> > <[email protected]>wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >
> > > Here's an update - I am past the initial hiccups with setup and
> > > last night I left the default things to build as they are. I can
> > > see that the package linux-3.2.40.tazpkg I created. I will try with
> > > Tom's patch tonight again.
> > >
> > > Kapil was also trying the same last night. So I guess he will also
> > > update the same results.
> > >
> > > A thought here - as the mainline kernel is around 3.11. Once the
> > > patch works fine for 3.2.40, I am thinking of moving to the latest
> > > version with everything. What do you guys say?
> > >
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Arun
> > >
> > > http://oldpapyrus.wordpress.com/
> > >
> > >
> > > On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM, tom <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > >> Hi Arun,
> > >>
> > >> can you please see the kernel thread....
> > >>
> > >> http://forum.slitaz.org/topic/kernel-config-discussion
> > >>
> > >> for older PCs with IDE drives it is the main blocker
> > >>
> > >> Thomas
> > >>
> > >> Am Sat, 13 Jul 2013 12:53:20 +0530
> > >> schrieb Arun Prakash Jana <[email protected]>:
> > >>
> > >> > Hi,
> > >> >
> > >> > I started the following thread a month back regarding Slitaz 5.0:
> > >> > http://forum.slitaz.org/topic/release-date-for-slitaz-50
> > >> >
> > >> > I have got some time now and would like to contribute to the
> > >> > release of version 5.0.
> > >> > Can someone please list down the current blockers for version 5.0
> > >> > release?
> > >> >
> > >> > Regards,
> > >> >
> > >> > Arun
> > >> >
> > >> > http://oldpapyrus.wordpress.com/
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> --
> > >> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
>
>


-- 
Thanks
Kapil K. Jain
http://jainkkapil.wordpress.com

Reply via email to