Andrew Macks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Dave Fitch wrote:
> > > > and why the monthly fee is higher if I sign up for 12 months as opposed
> > > > to no contract.
> > > 
> > > Have a look at the setup fee..
> > 
> > yeah but if I'm locking myself into a 12 month contract at
> > $70pm I'd want a bit more than $200 off the install fee.
> > At those prices there's no way I'd go for the contract,
> > I'd happily pay the extra for the install to avoid a contract.
> 
> I hate to say this, but aren't you being a little greedy? :)

well not really I don't think...

>  I've
> been waiting for this connection for a long time, and was expecting $120
> -> $250 / month, certainly nothing below $90.

you're a telstra customer aren't you!  ISDN?

You know the telstra cable ("advance") is now $50pm?
It's got rather pathetic down/upload limits though.

> > (maybe that's just me though, I do the same thing with mobile
> > phones, I don't like being "stuck" cos new/cheaper options
> > always come along)
> 
> Within 12 months?  Good luck :P

there's supposed to be a new "residential" type onramp2 ISDN
service coming soon (that's telstra "soon" so maybe not within
12 months!) which *may* make 64k ISDN almost possibly affordable
to mere mortals.  And some ISPs now charge the same rates for
ISDN access as for modem.  So you never know...

Dave.
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to