Another cry from the wilderness of a Linux newbie.

I am trying to hget virtual hosts running on my Linux box. I have
managed to get it all working from my LAN, however  the
virtual hosts are not accessible from the outside world.

My bigpond account routing page tells me that my routing is
203.41.215.160/27

Which tallies with the fact that I can be reached at 
203.41.215.171 which is my ppp0 interface

However, my virtual hosts at .163, .164, .165 are not reachable.

Obviously I have missed a crucial step.

If I do a tcpdump on say 203.41.215.165 I get nothing when I trace myself
remotely.

Below are some dumps that may mean indicate what I've done wrong.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Peter

netstat -rn

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
139.130.45.65   0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH     1500 0          0 ppp0
192.168.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U      1500 0          0 eth0
127.0.0.0       0.0.0.0         255.0.0.0       U      3584 0          0 lo
0.0.0.0         139.130.45.65   0.0.0.0         UG     1500 0          0 ppp0
------------------------------------------------------------
ifconfig -a

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Bcast:127.255.255.255  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP BROADCAST LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:3584  Metric:1
          RX packets:1212 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:1212 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:E8:46:84:05  
          inet addr:192.168.0.1  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:11290 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:5688 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:1 
          Interrupt:5 Base address:0x300 

eth0:0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:E8:46:84:05  
          inet addr:203.41.215.163  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 

eth0:1    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:E8:46:84:05  
          inet addr:203.41.215.164  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:1 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 

eth0:2    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:00:E8:46:84:05  
          inet addr:203.41.215.165  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:2 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 

ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol  
          inet addr:203.41.215.171  P-t-P:139.130.45.65  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:7162 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:7444 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 
          Memory:1cf0038-1cf0c04 

----------------------------------------------------------
netstat -in

Kernel Interface table
Iface   MTU Met  RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR  TX-OK TX-ERR TX-DRP TX-OVR Flags
lo     3584   0   1222      0      0      0   1222      0      0      0 BLRU
eth0   1500   0  11290      0      0      0   5688      0      0      0 BRU
eth0:  1500   0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0      0 RU
eth0:  1500   0      1      0      0      0      0      0      0      0 RU
eth0:  1500   0      2      0      0      0      0      0      0      0 RU
ppp0   1500   0   7162      0      0      0   7444      0      0      0 PRU
-------------------------------------------------------------------

arp -a
? (192.168.0.6) at 00:20:18:2D:6F:60 [ether] on eth0
--------------------------------------------------------------

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to