On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Michael mashed on the keyboard:
>I do suggest not mixing live net ips and public addresses on the same
>interface.
>
>I have eth0 live telstra allocated ip's
>
>and
>
>eth1 with the 192.168.x.x addresses
>
>Makes management easy :) and troubleshooting in this case
I have also found that masquerading and aliasing on the same interface
doesn't work with 2.2.10 version kernels. I am not sure if this is a
bug, but at work we had eth0 as our public ip, and eth0:0 was the
10.0.0.0/8 network. For some reason, masqerading didn't work when the
masqeraded box was a linux machine, and did work for doze 98 and NT.
However, it may have just been a bad setup :) Even so, adding a new
ethercard for 10.0.0.0/8 worked like a charm.
--
jamesw
"A 32 bit extension and graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit
operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a
2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."
"What is Windows 95?"
------------------------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text