On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Terry Collins wrote:

> Antonio Sabato wrote:
> > 
> > I am certainly the person who knows least about Linux
> > But folks please bear with me...I have just been at a
> > learning stage. So please be patient and dont laugh at
> > my silly questions.
> 
> There are NO silly questions!
> There are NO silly questions!
> There are NO silly questions! 
> 
> There are just people who should RTFM.

While on the subject of partitions:

I have a full partition (including /home). How do I:

 allocate more space to that partition (resize), or

 move directories from that partition to a partly empty one?


TIA, David

[david@nt david]$ mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext2 (rw)
/dev/sda7 on /usr type ext2 (rw)
/dev/sda5 on /var type ext2 (rw)
automount(pid79) on /misc type autofs (rw,fd=4,pgrp=79,minproto=2,maxproto=3)
[david@nt david]$ df
Filesystem         1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity
Mounted on
/dev/sda1              62187   61157        0    100%   /
/dev/sda7             792800  380770   371066     51%   /usr
/dev/sda5             101075   30068    65788     31%   /var
[david@nt david]$ 

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to