On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> > And what's wrong with running lots of VC's instead? Or even running screen
> > under the one VC?
> 
> Much handier to use multiple xterms on multiple desktops in the
> one environment

I disagree.

> (*) each xterm can be a different size

Doesn't particularly worry me.

> (*) cut+paste HUGE amounts by using a "tiny" font on a full-screen xterm

I can do the same with the old "shift pgup". Besides, I've never yet met
more than a full screen I've wanted to cut and paste.

> (*) cut+paste between adjacent xterms is much easier than screen switching

Could fooled me. You still gotta move a mouse, don'tcha? :-)

> (*) have a smallish "tail -f" xterm tucked away to the side

Got that, and top, and a couple of other things, in VT's at the end of the
list {21, 22 & 23}.

> (*) multi-monitor events up in another corner

I've only got one monitor. :-)

DaZZa

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to