>Basically, unless Gateway provide a Linux SCSI driver for your machine,
>you're effectively stuffed.

Dell are somewhat better than Gateway - at least they acknowledge the
existance of Linux - Gateway don't give a rat's arse about anything but M$.

>I gave up trying to use anything Gateway/Dell for Linux with standard
>inclusions long ago - I always buy external cards, and disable the onboard
>stuff if I really want ity to work.

An expensive, but much better, way to go.

After my problems trying to get a Gateway notebook sans Evilware, I've
decided that I will NOT buy one unless they company offers it with a full
suite of Linux drivers - not necessarily Linux pre-installed, although that
would serve as reasonable proof of their committment to the OS.

As for desktops, I'll build my own.....

Jon