I missed the beginning of this thread, but Gateway don't make their own scsi
chips.  Surely a peek at their motherboard would indicate if its an adaptec
AICXXXX or whatever or Symbios53XXX you get the idea.....then the generic
driver may work. You could even peek at the naming of the sys drivers under m$
{I'm presuming you haven't blow the pre bundled os away yet} and see if they
are using scsi ware from one of the key scsi suppliers.... At least its a
possibility.

Good luck.
D.

Jon Biddell wrote:

> >Basically, unless Gateway provide a Linux SCSI driver for your machine,
> >you're effectively stuffed.
>
> Dell are somewhat better than Gateway - at least they acknowledge the
> existance of Linux - Gateway don't give a rat's arse about anything but M$.
>
> >I gave up trying to use anything Gateway/Dell for Linux with standard
> >inclusions long ago - I always buy external cards, and disable the onboard
> >stuff if I really want ity to work.
>
> An expensive, but much better, way to go.
>
> After my problems trying to get a Gateway notebook sans Evilware, I've
> decided that I will NOT buy one unless they company offers it with a full
> suite of Linux drivers - not necessarily Linux pre-installed, although that
> would serve as reasonable proof of their committment to the OS.
>
> As for desktops, I'll build my own.....
>
> Jon
>
> --

"Ah, how I envy the scientists of old. All the good inventions are taken.
              Ah, to have worked in the day when the wheel had not yet been
thought of!"
                                              Aristotle!!