On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 01:26:21PM +1100, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> If you are using a mail client (POP-3/IMAP access) like Netscape,
> procmail is not an option, is it? I haven't tried, but it seems

Yes it is.  Use fetchmail to grab mail from the pop3/imap sever, then
you can use procmail to filter.  Set your mail client to read from the
local mail spool rather than via the pop3/imap server.

> Observation on the above document:
>
> No filtering:   elm
> Use procmail:   mutt, pine, [sic] procmail
> Can filter:     exmh, netscape, xfmail
>
> Thus if procmail is not an option, 3/7 can filter.

No, procmail can be used with *all* mail clients.  The trick is to
separate mail delivery from mail reading.  If you're not running your
own MX host, use fetchmail to grab mail off the remote server.

Cheers,

John
--
whois [EMAIL PROTECTED]