On Friday 01 December 2000 12:13, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm currently using kmail, and I didn't think it did
> nested folders or threading at all...

What version?
I'm using version 1.1.99 (KDE2)
Threading is enabled by the menu "Folder -> Thread Messages"
Nested folders work for me

> although it allows filtering, it does not allow you to
> specify how the filters are applied (i.e. incoming,
> outgoing or manual). Generally I like to dump all my
> mail in the "inbox", scan it for interesting goodies,
> THEN have the filters applied. kmail insists on
> applying the filters as the mail arrives.

I'm not sure if you can or can't do that. There is an "Apply Filters" menu
which would suggest it may not always be automatic.

Email the developers or submit a patch. It wouldn't be a very big
modification to enable something like that.

(BTW Don Sanders, one of the main developers is from NZ but is in Norway now
working for Trolltech. From what I've heard he sounds like a nice guy, give
him an email, he might not of thought of those features, or may even be
working on them)

Regards
John