It was actually for users to exit their telnet session. we use a software
package that users do data entry in, all in CAPS, so when they exit the
program 99.9 times out of 100 they have caps lock on and type exit....its
just so when they type EXIT it will call exit and close the telnet session.

its OK

alias EXIT=exit works fine..

thanks

Alister