any _decent_ $foo programmer can pick up $bar. Sorry couldn't resist either.
:)

The fact that someone who knows a lot of IT or comp sci can pick up another
language does not say much. I think the question originally was which
languages are suitable to people who are not "decent programmers" yet. And
in this case I would definitely say that java is much easier to teach/learn
than the horrific mess that is c++.

Dave

Disclaimer: I dislike c++ since I started working with java. :)

--
David Zverina
Alt Key Pty. Ltd.