On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Richard Gooch wrote:

> Squid.

That would explain trhe delay - swapping. I think squid designed more for
using lots of memory, and many users. But check the manual - you can
probably change the config to use less memory.
  Otherwise, try wwwoffle.

  Has anybody compared different web proxy filters lately? Does squid
have any advantages for home/single-user use?

> The proxy is on my router/firewall. It doesn't get logged into, let
> alone run X!

Then 16MB ought to be plenty. You dont need ram to cach web pages.

--
Mike Holland  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                          --==--