Bill Bennett wrote:

> When I changed to Linux, I was in the process of teaching myself
> a computer language, viz., QBasic---which is, unfortunately, etc.
>
> Has anybody had any experience with a Linux analogue?
>
> Someone suggested Chipmunk, but I thought I'd ask about.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received.

Bill,
Have a look at Borland Pascal. There is a good equivalent for it
available for Linux - check Linuxberg, which is part of Tucows,
for Pascal. The language is very similar to Quick Basic (Qbasic is
a subset of this) and you should find it quite easy to move
across. You could then move on to Kylix (sp?) which is the port of
Delphi (vaguely similar to Visual Basic) to Linux.

Stay well and happy
Heracles