Indeed, most of the calls I get from users stems from their lack of training
with 'doze. They use M$ all day on their desktops but do not understand how
to do more than the average daily task.
It is a complete fallacy to assume that users will find Linux or M$ more or
less difficult to use than any other OS. Without training, the average user
is fairly lost. The other fallacy is to assume that all M$ offerings have
the same user interface. They don't. They may as well be running on
different OSs.

Back to the topic: We should not be pushing for a special Linux interface
for BAS lodgement (that will only scare them); instead we should be pushing
for a STANDARD html interface for BAS lodgement that does not rely on
proprietary extensions that cause browsers to crash etc.

Regards,

Jill.
--
Jill Rowling, Snr Des. Eng. & Unix System Administrator
Eng. Systems Dept, Aristocrat Technologies Australia

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.