On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Crossfire wrote:

> RTF is also a published `standard' which is availible to the public.
>
> Both of these formats when used, are used to the letter of the
> availible documentation.  They are not normally proprietarily
> extended.

Are you sure about that?

Last I heard the RTF that most companies use is a Microsoft-extended
version of the standard RTF. I don't know if it is a consequence of this
or not, but File/Save As/RTF from the big four or five word processors
tends to give poor results when read on a different wp.

Can anyone bring evidence forward of complex documents being able to be
read and saved with impunity across Word, WordPerfect and SmartSuite,
running on different platforms? I've never had success.

--
Dan Shearer
Open Source Manager