On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Martin wrote:

> > > (sorry, couldn't help myself! -- Matthew)
>
> i forgot my other point which was that people (ie. connectiva) are
> porting apt to other package managers (ie. rpm) and so the whole apt
> virus spreads... ;)

<flameproof type="redhat">

a question for you apt-getters: does the situation ever
arise where apt-get gets way too ehtusiastic for your liking,
and goes on an interminable installation spree that winds up
screwing up your installed system?

I wuz always very afraid of Winblows auto-updates doing that,
so have *never* recommended that to lusers. As well, I've found
autorpm to be quite scary and stooooopid.

</flameproof>

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services