I have a windows machine and wish to print to the printer on the
linux machine
I have set up the networking and samba and all seems ok
I can mount the windows shares using smbmount and transfer files
I can see the linux machine in the network neighbourhood thingy.
but when I click on it, it prompts for a password and I can go no
further.
I imagine this is due to the encrypted passwords Windows ME uses, so
I hacked the registry to allow clear text passwords but still no go.
I am mostly unfamiliar with windows and need some direction here to
allow the windows machine to connect.

Kind regards
Kevin