<quote who="Kevin Waterson">

> Is the limited number of kernel developers working in their favour or is
> linux sacrificing core issues in favour of supportting a wider hardware
> base?

The "core issues" are "bloody complicated" and only a limited number of
people are going to have the time, smarts and chutzpah to hack on them. The
BSD's have had more time to get their act together, too. Linux is only
Unix-like. ;)

There's really only a hardcore few working on real kernel internals. Hacking
up crazy network stuff, filesystems, foolhardy optimisations, etc. seem far
more interesting anyway. ;)

- Jeff

--
      "I'm offering you my body, and you're offering me semantics." -
                              Caitlin, Clerks