On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 03:10:19AM +1100, James Dean wrote:
 > Just in case no one else mentioned it.
 >
 > Sit down and ask yourself .  Why go to university at all???
 >
 > 3 years industry experience often counts for a lot more than
 > a degree and you get paid while you gain it.

It depends entirely on the quality of the experience. I work with
a fellow who has a part time job in IT. He has worked setting up
networks for a large company with a supervisor (I presume) for
several years now and yet when I asked him to add a machine into
the (very basic) network at work he was unable to do so unaided.
So as I said "It all depends on the quality of the experience".
Don't sell the value of a Uni Degree short.

Stay well and happy
Heracles